Are you looking to reduce the time-to-market for new products and services?
- Does your catalog really guide your provisioning flows?
- Are you forced to spend a lot of time configuring from scratch?
Can you provide new products and services without coding?
- Has order fallout become a substantial extra cost per month?
- Is your order construction just a pile of hard-coded integrations?
- Are workflows defined in multiple isolated systems or silos?
Do you have a single point to check all the information related to your customer service?
- Both from the business and the network?
- What about service history and lifecycle?
How extensible is your provisioning model when adding a new vendor or technology?
- Can you consistently access all your network OSS and devices for automatic activation? Even for your legacy systems?
- Are you ready for ZTP?
Can you reduce your provisioning time by early detection and fallout classification?
- Do you want to save money by standardizing the management of orders in failure, regardless of the failure cause?
- Would you like to simplify failed order management in one place and globally handle all the orders?
Do you support complex integrations in both your fulfillment and assurance processes?
- Have you measured your economic losses for provisioning failures due to incorrect/incomplete/inaccurate data?
- Would you like to control all your network resources from a single, usable and highly configurable web GUI?
Are your network deployments supported by the latest technologies and algorithms for optimal routing?
- Do you want to have higher accurate results in service qualification and availability?
Luis Rodríguez-Ovejero Gómez, founder of Alvatross named an IESE 40under40 best entrepreneur for 2022
IESE Business School has announced that Luis Rodríguez-Ovejero Gómez has been named as one of the IESE 40under40 2022 award winners. These prestigious awards recognize the leading entrepreneurs and innovators under the age of 40 from within IESE´s global network of more than 55,000 alumni.
A new OSS system can arguably speed up a CSP’s Time to Market. Modernising and simplifying the processes of OSS should be a priority for any CSP to become competitive in the new era of digital markets. It is an important task for telcos to assess and re-evaluate their current approach for OSS/BSS so they can learn and understand how deep their back-office renovation must be