What are the Time to Market benefits of an upgraded OSS system?
A new OSS system can arguably speed up a CSP’s Time to Market. Modernising and simplifying the processes of OSS should be a priority for any CSP to become competitive in the new era of digital markets. It is an important task for telcos to assess and re-evaluate their current approach for OSS/BSS so they can learn and understand how deep their back-office renovation must be. The transformation and modernisation of their software infrastructure will likely shift away from legacy monolithic systems and will migrate to a cloud-based and highly scalable architecture that uses a modular and digital platform compliant with standards. This new digital platform will help CSPs maximise their revenue and profits, paving the way for a truly competitive digital transformation that can be integrated into the 5G market framework.
Alvatross by Satec has arrived in the market to become a perfect solution to relieve the pain and problems of CSPs regarding their OSS modernisation and automation. We support and are members of TM Forum. We follow the best practices and standards through a DevOps approach that enables easy automation and orchestration with a zero-touch back office that supports on-premise and futureproof cloud networks. Ultimately, this modern and automated back office will give control back to the CSP to make their own decisions without depending on vendors or anybody else. Hence, CSPs will be able to streamline their processes and significantly reduce their Time to Market.
What are the key aspects of our platform to help CSPs reduce their Time to Market?
Before we start, we would like to consider what we understand by Time to Market. From our perspective, Time to Market combines both:
- The time it takes from a new offering or product being conceived until its available for sale and reaches its target in the market,
- and the capability of a CSP to be able to provision this new offering or product.
Considering this, alvatross by Satec offers its clients the following benefits or aspects to reach their goal of reducing their Time to Market:
Catalog-driven integration with different BSS systems based on Open APIs. This way, every team can invest their time and effort on different things: commercial teams can be working on their catalog, while the technical team or their production team can be working on the technical definition.
Fulfilment workflows and low-code capabilities to speed up the design, implementation and testing of new processes and workflows required for new products.
The use of microservices and our alignment with TM Forum standards and the ODA manifesto aims at making it easy for companies to experiment and buy new stacks that can function in their existing environments.
Standardisation also means upgrades can happen faster. A vendor that provides CSPs with more functionalities and frequent updates means tools can be deployed faster. And this can create an impact on the final Time to Market of new products and offerings.
Possibility of partnering with other operators to create joint ventures. In line with this, we are also BSS agnostic, so we can work with either a legacy BSS that the operator already has or a new one they are about to implement.
Capability to integrate our Order Management system with other order management systems. We can do so by running our system in proxy mode to interact with these other management systems or partners. Moreover, our catalog-driven approach aids this order manager to become faster when onboarding new partners.
Capability to import and/or read third-party catalogs that operate with Open APIs. An example of how this can affect the Time To Market may happen when a product needs onboarding of new partner products. This requires accessing partner catalogs, inventories, and even other order management systems. Therefore, easing the way and simplifying this process through the use of Open APIs that speak the same language will highly impact the time for new offers to be up and running.
An automated system that makes it easier and faster to act when downtimes take place. Our fallout system has positive effects on the time it takes CSPs to respond to incidents. Some of our previous customers have reported their systems have significantly improved their provisioning process and times. Not only do they have less fallouts, but they can also improve their efficiency and reach their customers faster because they can fix those problems on the fly.
Our cloud-native approach also offers different essential features that have an impact on the Time to Market:
- Business agility. Less human effort means becoming able to create and respond to market changes faster to profit in a turbulent business environment.
- IT efficiency: with a container-based environment, the CSPs team of engineers will not need to rethink or reengineer the company’s whole stack every time they need to modernise their systems to adapt to new market trends and needs. Moreover, it has an impact on commercial production decoupling as this type of architecture won’t be affected by marketing decisions when new campaigns launch.
- Continuous deliver: Downtime is detrimental to any company’s survival, yet it is human to make mistakes. The idea is to fail fast and fix faster. This is something that can be done using a cloud-native single interface that can unify processes, improve visibility and data security, increase resource availability and, therefore, reduce downtimes.
- Collaboration: speaking the same language, using Open APIs, and becoming TM Forum compliant creates a welcoming environment where collaboration with third-party systems is not only possible but also simple.
Faster Time to Market and a modern and automated OSS inevitably go hand-in-hand. New OSS systems connect the back and front offices of companies to ease their processes. Automation and cloudification provide many different capabilities that can highly benefit companies to be able to meet the demands of their own clients. Being able to orchestrate tasks on a simple platform with low-code capabilities and rich fulfilment workflows is a necessity to be competitive in the IoT era. And finally, a user-friendly system that enables scalability will improve times across all business areas, whether it is to create new products and services or to keep up to date with innovative technologies and trends.
Join our list
Sign up here to get the latest news and updates delivered to your inbox.